May 23, 2011

Something Sweet for Someone Sweet

I'm at the age (apparently) that some friends are becoming grandparents.  I'm not going to jinx myself by saying anything because I'm perfectly fine with the grand puppy and grand kitty I have now.  I'll enjoy my friends'  until that happens.  I made the card and photo frame for a Christening gift for one of my friends new grand baby.  For some reason, whenever they snap a shot of her she is flipping 'the bird', thus the JBird banner.  I found the frame that was in layers and worked with it!  It was a lot of fun and really enjoyed making  it for them.  Enjoy!






The card was made using the Paper Doll Dress Up cart.  I used my Gypsy to flip it and weld it together.  I used Bazzill's dotted swiss (my last sheet, bummer but worth it), it's hard to tell in the photo but it makes the dress look so sweet.  Just added a layer of velum that has sparkles, again hard to see and a satin ribbon.  The frame had multiple layers which I really enjoyed working with!  The bird was cut from the Give a Hoot cart and sandwiched in between the top two layers of glass.  The banner was from the Birthday Bash cart and layered as well.  The photo frame was from the ol' Accent Essentials and placed on the bottom layer of the frame.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye collection.  


linked to ...





1 comment:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a sweet card. White is so charming
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com