May 1, 2011

Clear the Desk, Moma's going to scrap

All squeaky clean!  Finally!  I overwhelmed myself with organizing!  I was definitely over thinking my cleaning task.  Yes, it's possible!  I would eventually like to go thru and super organize but I realized that this is not that time.  I had to stop myself and just clean.  Yuck, that hurts to say!  I want to clean!  The finished product is not 100%, I'd prefer to have my desk where I can atleast look out the window but it'll do for now!  




Here's how I decided to clean things ...


Top Left - bff's unused spice rack now a stadium for my punches (my hub thinks I should put little faces on the handles)
Below - my boardwalk basket filled with my trimmers and scor pal .... Love it!  keep it under my desk so I can just grab what I need and don't always have to have one on my desk
Middle top - my Ikea storage love love love it!!!
Below and to the right - My 'new' dresser filled with my pretties!
Top Right - my ribbon basket (definitely on my short list of things to organize
Bottom left - my newly organized tool station
Bottom middle - stamping station 
Bottom right - my frequently used punches on a magazine rack, some fun stuff I've gotten from friends and hubby, my favorite - all my solid card stock sorted by color in a large basket








I LOVE how I did my closet!  I put 99% of my paper and paper packs in plastic basket protectors and positioned them in a way my fingers could do the walkin' and I could see all my choices.  I really don't have a ton of individual sheets any more.  Mostly packs or kits.  The three black boxes with handles on the lower shelf is for my ribbon.  I got those at Michaels in the ribbon aisle and love them!  I should do a closeup of them.  They hold alot!  I still have the clear tubs that I use for individual projects - got one labeled with each kid, etc.  


The top right is just a shot from my doorway.  It's not a huge room but I'm trying to make the most of it!  


Bottom right is my work area.  Isn't it perty!!!  Got my Cricut handy, hung the mats with a command hook!  Easy reach!  Doesn't it just scream "use me"!!!!  Still some stuff under the desk and I despise my chair.  I got it at Staples a while back and thought 'how genius, a filing cabinet on the bottom of a chair!  now I don't have to squeeze another piece of furniture in here'   but oh how I do not like it!  The drawer has a mind of it's own and it is not comfortable.  It's on my wish list.  




That concludes this portion of the tour.  I have to go make something now!


Between Naps on the Porch Blog

3 comments:

Margie said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the total clean out. You've inspired me to do the same...one day. Now maybe we can play, huh?

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home said...

Wow, that looks like a great crafting space!

Anonymous said...

love your room!!! :-) TFS