Apr 22, 2011

My Earth Day Contribution

Have I said I can't cook lately?  Well, I can't ... I try.  Thank goodness for the internet!  What would we do without it?  How would I learn to boil an egg?  
I'm not a big egg fan.  I've always suffered from eczema and when I was younger I got it in my head that it was from eggs (egg-zema).  So I've never really enlightened my palette.  However, what's a traditional Easter dinner without deviled eggs ... enter the internet.  I tried one method after watching a video that instructed you to boil the eggs then remove them from the heat and cover for fifteen minutes, cool, ice, etc.  My finish to the instructions: peel them, watch them run then throw them in the compost bin ... for mother earth to enjoy ...



Wahhhhh!!!  Twelve eggs later ... I tried again.  Watched a different video and they turned out.  Whew!!  I actually made the deviled part and piped it back into the egg.  Yeah!  I didn't take a picture but they kinda looked like this .... we like to sprinkle them with Old Bay seasoning to give them that Bal'more taste!


Thank goodness I have a year to practice my egg boiling before next Easter!


No comments: