Mar 29, 2011

Mystery:  Do you still get fun mail?


Recieving fun mail sure is a dying trend. Most of us don't even have real mailboxes anymore.  I love it. I remember during my high school summer days, when my mom would work and I'd be home alone, I would stalk the mailman. I never got anything good but it was just the anticipation of maybe I won a contest or got a bunch of albums for a penny (remember those clubs) ... ahh... good times. Grown up mail is not always fun. I do get a little tickle in my tummy when I see an envelope that is hand addressed and card-shaped! I got this little beauty the other day and I was so thrilled! Thank you to my bosom buddy for thinking of me! During our scrap retreat a few weeks ago I treated her to a facial for her birthday. I love how she went out of her way to let me know how she appreciated it. Back at ya buddy! This card made my day and was so perfect for our spa visit. I want to make a vow to bring back the posties of days gone by and keep those mailmen walking the beat! Leave me a comment letting me know when your birthday is and I'll send you a little love via 'snail mail'.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

beautiful colors and layout... I've been sent by MOMO, isn't she fabulous. Love your blog. I'm now a new follower. Would love if you dropped by mine. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

mom2fivekiddos said...

I miss fun mail! LOL...I love this card! Love the mirror and background!
I am a new follower sent by Momo! I would be blessed if you dropped by my blog www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
Kristin

Tisha said...

I love this post! Momo sent me and I am so glad she did. I couldn't agree more with you. I sometimes hate going to my mailbox too. I think that is a wonderful idea for birthdays. So very sweet! I am now a follower and hope u check me out too!

Tisha
http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com

Karen Wood said...

Hi Karen :)

I have something for you on my blog, please stop by and check it out :)

Karen

My Need 2 Craft said...

I do remember those clubs. Columbia House I believe my parents belonged to and we couldn't wait to get the 8 tracks. (Remember those?) LOL! I couldn't wait for them to go somewhere so I could blare the stereo! haha Thanks for the memories. Very pretty card.
I came over from Momo's and am now your newest follower. :) If you would like to come by my blog and become a follower that would be GREAT! :)
~Terri
http://myneed2craft.blogspot.com