Jan 31, 2011

Metamorphosis Monday


The great Organize Heaven in '11 has started!  My plan is to start in one corner of my house and work my way to the other corner ... looks good on paper but probably won't happen that way.  I've been delayed with all the snow days so I've only been able to tackle my closet.  I did share with my daughter but she took her clothes back about a month ago.  Her clothes were hanging on the bottom rack where the pile is now.  I couldn't believe all the piles in there ... just impossible to find anything!  Since it's so big and I don't have too many clothes, it's also great storage, if used properly.  When I started it was also unpainted, still builders painter after 20+ years.  I had plenty of my Jicama left that I painted the hallway so I just used that.  It gives it a nice sunny feeling.  There was also an area on the wall were a shelf originally hung.  We took that down but left the exposed dry wall.  I moved my daughter's changing table in there as well since she's been potty trained for about 10 years now (she's 10).  There are still alot of storage tubs in there but it's a little neater now.  I actually  had enough room store some of my 'alterable' items that were in my scrap room.  My mind seems less cluttered when my closet is organized.  Great place to start!  I was also able to get two bags of stuff for consignment and a box for donation.  That's a good feeling!

Before - complete chaos!

After - still some work to be done but looks and feels better!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment :O) It does feel great to get organized!