Jan 24, 2011

Under the sink mystery

So, let me ask you a question ... how often do YOU clean under your bathroom sink?  Me, not so much.  The only reason I 'chose' to do it today was I discovered a little water, then a little more, then a lot.  Since I had my bladder lifted over the summer, I have very little tolerance for leaks.  I didn't know what I was going to do today but this was not on my list.  So I emptied the whole cabinet out and was disgusted ... not only with the mess of the water but what I have neglected to throw away or get rid of.  Who needs 3 blowdryers, velcro curlers, 8 curling irons, and electric wiggly curly things?  Okay, so it's good to have a spare dryer on hand but all the other torture treatments?  My hair isn't even long enough to fit into some of those curl-inators.  I will admit that one or two belong to my older daughter but she hasn't lived at home for years.  They aren't like their first blanky ... so why did I hold onto them?  Romantic visions of passing them onto my younger daughter, who straightens her hair every chance she gets?  I don't think so... Secretly hoping for an 80's revival?  Aren't we all!  But that will come and go and I will still have the ability to curl my coif in whatever style I choose.  Maybe I will decide to part with a few but I will keep a couple on hand just for nostalgia sake, and for when my kids are cleaning out my estate, they can give each other the "seriously, what was she into" look and they can toss them.

No comments: