Oct 13, 2011

Mantle Masterpiece

Fall always brings a happy smile to my face!  It takes me back to my childhood.  I always enjoyed the beginning of the school year.  My favorite outfit is shorts with a sweatshirt, so cozy!!!  And to my college days in New England.  That feeling of independence and in control of my future while sipping hot chocolate in the library.  Ahh, the good ol' days.  Now my future is spelled out on a to do list and menu planner!  But I still love it!  Wouldn't have it any other way.
So when I climbed up in the attic to get down my fall lovelies, I dug a little deeper to find some pix of my old dorm rooms.  My have to do a project with them.  The old 4x4 shots taken with my 110 film camera.
I like to decorate in 'fall' first before Halloween.  Hubby hates the rush of pending cold weather so I have to ease him into the season.  Here was my first take on the mantle and hearth area:

Okay, I have a hootie obsession.  I love the little wire hoot I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  The half lamp looking thing is a lamp I picked up at Goodwill for 75 cents!!!  Love those color days!  I need to find a shade for it then I'll really show it off!!!  I love my pumpkins.  I painted the boo on one side so that I can flip them over after Halloween.



After painting my family room in the spring, my vision was to have a 'photo wall' like all the great bloggers are showing.  It took me a while to figure out what pictures I wanted to use so when fall rolled around, I decided to use some fun fall shots.  I hung them with my now not-so-favorite command strips... here's how the wall looked after about a week ...



WAHHHH!!!  I sent an email and called 3M.  The sad part is my dad worked for 3M his whole career and I love these strips!!!  They just would not stick!  They are supposedly sending a different kind of strip so we'll put those to the test!  
In the meantime, I combined my fall pix with my mantle ... those pix will come tomorrow!  I love how my shots are turning out with my new Sony!  What do you think?!?!?!  Any advice or tips??


No comments: