Oct 18, 2011

Halloween Layout

Michaels has been getting a lot of Tim Holtz halloweeny scrap stuff in lately and I'm loving it!  I am teaching a Halloween class and made this layout using his halloween paper pack.  His papers are soooo cool!  Ordinarily I would walk right by this brown pad and not give it a second glance but because it was recommended for this class, I had to indulge.  It has embossing detail all over it and when you use his inks, it turns out so neat.


So the paper is a thick, kraft color.  I used a white gel pen to highlight some of the skeleton's bones ...
 then I flipped one of the pages to use the back for the facing page.  I cut out some of the letters in one of the collage pages and popped every other one to give it dimension.  I only used two inks on this whole spread!  They way they blend together it gives it such an eerie look!  I also used his Goosebump spray for the dots on the solid brown, torn background.  I used Martha's iron fence punch to create the border on the bottom of the dark brown.

Check out this paper pack when you get the chance!  You will be amazed at what you don't see!!!  Just like ghosts hiding! 

No comments: