Oct 23, 2011

Brilliant Day

Ever have one of those days where you wake up telling yourself you are going to do something brilliant today?  I mean really brilliant, not locking your keys in your car brilliant.  I often have those thoughts but that's about as far as it gets!  But not today!  Waking up to a regular day, lots on my list of to-dos, not thinking I was going to be brilliant, but I was.  (getting a muscle cramp from patting myself on the back, I'll stop now) ...
To-do list for today was tidy master closet.  Well, there has been a thorn in my closet for just about as long has I've had the closet and I couldn't figure out what to do with it except look at it in disgust as it gets out of control.
I'm talking about the wrapping paper/gift bag tubs.  Okay, so you use some,  you get some.  Just stick the bag in there.  Buy them on clearance, stick them in there.  Get some more, cram 'em in there.  Just close the door and it will go away.  Not today folks.
Here is what I pulled out of the closet ...


I love the tote, it's long enough for the rolls and has two cute little bins on top for smaller stuff.  It's too tall for under the bed and I have to use my whole wing span to get it out of the closet, usually resulting in scraped knuckles and a few moans and curses. 
Well, what I came up with was briliant, BRILLIANT I tell ya!  I know somewhere, some blogger already came up with this idea but I'm claiming credit today.  
On top of all the wrapping paper, gift bags and tissue paper, I also hoard ribbon.  Hello, my name is Karen and I am addicted to ribbon.  There is a Offray ribbon outlet about an hour away so that's where I go when I need a fix.  
What I came up with was a solution for the paper and the ribbon.  The gift bags just needed to be organized, nothing exciting but looks great and forgot to take a picture.  I used three tension spring curtain rods in the tub, put my spools of ribbon on them and whhhhaaaa laaaa!!!  Problem solved!  I got the ribbon out of the two trash bags and one drawer and into the tote (and some back into the drawer, but neater) ...
before ....

Glorious after ...


The small bins still fit on top of the spools of ribbon which I used to hold supplies like tape, scissors and those pesky rolls of curling ribbon that start in the middle of the spool.  
Can I be done now!  Felt good to scratch that one!


No comments: