Apr 25, 2011

If you give a man a treadmill ...

This is the first season we've watched the Biggest Loser reality show and it has got us thinking... we could definitely use a kick in the health pants.  We've started eating more sensibly and being a bit more active but my husband really wanted a treadmill, for a deal.  After looking for months, we found one.  Now where to put it?  We have a room in the basement that was a bedroom, then playroom, then bedroom, then scrap room, bedroom, spare room, etc.  We decided to put it in there.  As the story goes ... if you give a man treadmill, his wife is going to want to move the furniture.  If she moves the furniture, she's going to want to paint it.  
This is my childhood dresser (42ish years old).  I had the typical white furniture every little girl should have (my daughter has the bed and it's still white).  I got a wild hair up my butt to paint it for my scrap room.  There probably could have been an easier way to go about it, I was thinking while painting the 18 spindles, but who needs easy.  

Here's the before, ready for it's new coat in my garage ... love how I used the recycle bin to elevate it?  


I found a small can of latex paint at Walmart for $5, Glossy Khaki.  Sounds nice and neutral!  Here's the result ....



It is a light khaki and works well with the wall color.  Looks better in person.  I'm thinking I might paint the trim in the drawers black and find some neat black knobs ... it's in my scrap room so I'm looking forward to filling it with goodies, I'll share with you later ... going to let it dry a bit just in case.  I'm also very impatient so this was painted Thursday and moved to my room on Friday.  Meanwhile, the treadmill is living happily ever after in my basement.







2 comments:

Kathy Nichols Saveleski said...

Dresser looks awesome!!!!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Great job on the dresser! Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!