Apr 21, 2011

Hoppy Easter

After checking out all the fun blogs on dyeing eggs I thought we'd try the silk tie method!  After watching a quick Martha video, Ange and I headed to Goodwill to pick up some silk ties.  They were .71!!  It was purple day so one was actually half price!  I also found a cool pewter piece that didn't have a price tag on ... I told the guy I'd pay $4 for it and he was thrilled!  It was fun shopping there with Ange tho.  She loves picking!


Here's our selection of ties.  We were running short on time so we probably could have wrapped them a bit better.  Martha also suggested wrapping the silk wrapped tie eggs with a piece of white fabric to absorb some of the die.  We ran out of white fabric and it did make a difference.  Way to go Martha!  And Ange!!!


No comments: