Feb 24, 2012

Pintrest Pass or Fail

Hello, my name is Karen and I am addicted to Pinterest.  Addicted I tell ya!  I can't get enough of that stuff.  It is the new facebook, maybe just because I still don't understand or know how to operate facebook.
After 24 boards and 775 pins, it was time for me to use it for what it's meant to be, I think.  Yes, friends, it was actually time for me to create something I pinned.  I know, pick your jaw up off the floor.  I have been such a slug lately.  I don't do anything.  Then when I do, I forget to take a picture of it to share!  Okay, back to the pinnings ... Here's what I tried ...

First up ... beignets from Forgiving Martha's blog

Her picture ...

Don't they look yummy?  I had to try them ... and her recipe was so easy!  I even had all the ingredients!

Here's mine ...




Not as lite and fluffly looking.  I made a few big ones and guess what?  They were the only ones that actually cooked in the middle!  Yup, the ones in the top pix that look like they have a cream filling, it's dough!  They didn't cook!  Bummer!  In the trash they went, not after opening every one to taste test a few cooked ones!  They were yummy!

Still in the kitchen, I tried pumpkin cupcakes from How Sweet It Is.  Since we've been living on the lite side lately the recipe seemed perfect.

Here's the example ....


Beautiful, right?  Here's mine ...


yeah!  I did it!!!  It worked!  

I did a few other decor items that I will share in another post.  I'm still enjoying my success with the pumpkin cuppies!  

See you soon!  Happy Pinning!!!




No comments: